Followers

Sunday, 18 June 2017

Project room: week 1

So in the first week I focus on creating furniture for the scene. I didn't create any concept art or sketches but had pretty good idea of what I want to do.

























I tried to stick to low polycount, so for example

when I  could I used flat planes for a face instead of 2 faced models etc, but I wasn't to restrictive.






I kept the Texel Density uniformed across all models. So There were instances where I had to use 2 materials for one model, and other when I used one material for several models.

And sometimes I put few uv shells in the same place. If I understand it correctly (and I may not) in the past that wasn't good thing to do, because engine generate light maps just by coping the first uv channel. But now UE 4.16 and probably few of the previous version generate lightmap based on uv shells themselves. Again it might not be correctly, unfortunately I couldn't find good info on that.

In the end of the first week I start creating a scene in ue4.













No comments:

Post a Comment