I wanted to start this by saying that I promise that this is the last time I'm changing something regarding my project. Really. I mean that. I do.
But hopefully I can explain my reasoning behind the change of the direction for my project.
After about a week of trying to create some concept art for the redesign of a location from dark souls 2 I decide to do something else. I struggled a great deal to came out with any good art. I scraped everything I did just after few hours of working on it. I felt like I'm loosing time. And felt I need to change something. I had idea for a small scene in UE4 and willingness to do a lot of 3d. And so I did.
I created a small one room scene in UE4 i took me about 4,5 weeks to complete. It was longer than I estimated and it wasn't because I was slacking off. This gave me an idea of how long creating a big scene I planed to do previously would take. I made me doubt if I had time, energy and motivation to do that.
If I discover anything about myself this past year it is that I find it hard to keep my focus and motivation on one thing for a long time. Of course in industry there will be a periods of time when I will have to work on one project for a long time, so learning how to do that would be wise. Regardless I feel like I have better chance of creating a good content for my MA if I do few smaller scenes. That will keep my motivation and creativity going and ensure I will have few completed things to present before September.
No comments:
Post a Comment